Coronavirus (COVID-19): What you need to know
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation progresses, we’ve received lots of questions about what will be covered, and what won’t.
Based on what we know today, Kairos will cover COVID-19 diagnostic testing and related services, including the following:
- There is no copay or cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing.
- Required medication is covered if you’ve tested positive for COVID-19.
- Hospital-based quarantine services are subject to the usual inpatient coverage terms.
- There are no penalties for out-of-network versus in-network lab work.
- Telemedicine services are available at the normal cost-sharing amount.
- Nurse advice and online doctor visits are available as follows:
- Nurse on Call Service: Call 866.422.2729 any time, day or night, to speak with a registered nurse.
- BlueCare Anywhere: This 24/7 service connects you with a board-certified doctor by live video. It's just like going to see a doctor in person, only you don't have to leave your home or office. You can use your computer, tablet, or mobile device for your video visit. Plus, you’ll pay $0 out-of-pocket through June 30, 2021 if you use coupon code AZFREE.
And, we will stay abreast of all COVID-19 developments. We will continue to communicate any significant changes you should be aware of accordingly. Otherwise, please refer to the CDC website daily for the most up-to-date and accurate information and guidance. The CDC website also has specific guidance for travel, businesses and employers, and schools and childcare providers.
Kairos COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Additional Links and Resources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines
Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Guidelines
World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines