Coronavirus (COVID-19): What you need to know
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation progresses, we’ve received lots of questions about what will be covered, and what won’t.
Based on what we know today, Kairos will cover COVID-19 diagnostic testing and related services, including the following:
- No copay or cost share for COVID-19 testing
- Required medication is covered if you’ve tested positive for COVID-19
- Hospital-based quarantine services are subject to the usual inpatient coverage terms
- There are no penalties for in-network versus out-of-network service lab work
- Nurse Advice and Online Doctor Visits:
- Nurse on Call Service: Call 866.422.2729 any time of the day or night to speak with a registered nurse.
- BlueCare Anywhere: $0 out-of-pocket through June 12, 2020. This 24/7 service connects you to a board-certified doctor by live video. It's just like going to see a doctor, only you don't have to leave your home or office. You can use your computer, tablet or mobile device for your video visit. (Contact your member services coordinator for more information.)
And, we will stay abreast of all COVID-19 developments. We will continue to communicate any significant changes you should be aware of accordingly. Otherwise, please refer to the CDC website daily for the most up-to-date and accurate information and guidance. The CDC website also has specific guidance for travel, businesses and employers, and schools and childcare providers.
Kairos COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Additional Links and Resources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines
Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Guidelines
World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines